Some tips about Short Term Medical Insurance Plans.
- Short term medical insurance plans are not for people who are on Medicare.
- Short Term Medical Plans are designed to fill a temporary need for medical insurance.
- Your coverage can start as soon as the next day.
- You can choose as many days of coverage as you think you’ll need, up to three months at a time.
- Plans may include a required association membership.
- There are a few medical questions on the enrollment form.
- Pre-existing condition exclusions apply.
- Short Term plans don’t meet the minimum essential coverage requirements under the Affordable Care Act (what some people call “Obamacare”), and you may be subject to the tax penalty.
- All applicants must be legal residents of the United States.
- Some companies will issue “child-only” coverage.
- Some companies offer a guaranteed issue plan.
Contact Isabel if you are interested in Short Term Medical Insurance Plans offered in Indiana.